Our client is an internationally oriented, successful German manufacturing group and fabricator of premium grade pipes and fittings to the Oil and Gas (up and downstream), Nuclear, Water Treatment and Aerospace markets using cold forming technology.
By using corrosion-resistant materials, (stainless, duplex, super duplex and nickel-based alloys) this uniquely positions the company in the premium grade niche market segment.
The company has operating facilities on two sites in the Rhineland, two in the USA and a global sales force with more than 400 employees worldwide. It operates a highly successful global business model and is a technology leader in the world market.
Recently acquired by a world-leading producer of high-performance titanium and nickel-based alloy components for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, energy and general industrial markets the company is now looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic individual as
SALES MANAGER - EUROPE
Scope of role
The person will have overall responsibility for sales within the region. Furthermore, the person will be the key link between the quoting team and the shipping department and finally take responsibility for all upcoming questions from all sources, concerning the orders.
- Successful experience in the sales of technical products, with market knowledge and contacts within the Oil and Gas, Chemical processing, Petro-chemical sectors.
- Product knowledge of Tubular products ideally Cold and Hot Worked Seamless Pipe and Tube and Fittings desirable but not essential.
- You have the experience and ability to boost sales within the region.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong empathy with emphasis on understanding and developing others and a service orientation towards meeting or exceeding the needs of all stakeholders.
- Strong administrative skills, familiar with all relevant processes in order processing.
- ERP experience desirable, MS Office.
- Fluent German and good English.
- Achieving growth and hitting sales targets by working together with the sales team for the common goal.
- Focussing on new business and bringing dormant accounts and customers back to life.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for the region; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products in collaboration with the Sales Director.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team.
- Establish and ensure alignment with market price levels by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Attend meetings, strategic customer discussions etc. in Krefeld as and when required.
- Willing to travel.
Our client offers:
- A challenging and multifaceted activity in a modern, healthy and international company.
- An environment where individuals can make a huge difference and readily gain the rewards and recognition that this deserves.
- An excellent salary and fringe benefits commensurate with the importance of the position.
Interested and want to hear more?
Please contact us for a confidential conversation quoting reference SA 2796 contacting the retained search consultant Martin Hamilton on 0049-151-4611-6541 or mail him on email@example.com or simply apply using the apply now button on this advert. Please quote SA 2796 on all Applications
Standley Associates is a recruitment consultancy acting on behalf clients to help appoint permanent and fixed term contract job opportunities.
GDPR: Data Protection and Privacy
Standley Associates Executive Search is committed to looking after your privacy and keeping your data safe, and as such we have updated our privacy notice to explain how we collect store and use your personal data.
We will not share your data with any third parties, and if you wish to exercise any of your rights to access, change or erase personal information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by return.