Role: Senior Pre-Sales Consultant – Digital Solutions (Dealing with Major Retailers)
Location: DACH region (home-based Germany)
Remuneration: circa 90k € fixed (negotiable) + Bonus + car allowance, corporate benefits.
Our client is an international leader in the design and supply of dynamic digital solutions, helping major retailers maximise revenues and margins by improving the customer experience.
This dynamic business has over 100 employees and a worldwide footprint including sales offices and sales channel partners in America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australasia.
Clients include some of the world’s leading retailers.
The company has identified the need to appoint an experienced:
Senior Pre- Sales Consultant - Northern Central Europe - including, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the Netherlands.
Reporting to the Global Head of Pre-Sales, the Senior Pre-Sales Consultant is a hands-on pre-sales post working with leading Tier 1 retailers for multi-million-euro enterprise solutions across the DACH region, as well as helping the business deliver upon the sales pipeline with existing customers.
We, therefore, seek a seasoned professional IT Pre-Sales professional, with a client focus, able to establish exceptional working and consultative relationships with clients at ‘C’ level and beyond.
We seek someone with successful IT/Digital pre-sales enterprise experience, and a proven record of achievement within a high-value complex sales environment, delivering into and working with major retailers in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
Experience in handling complex pre-sales projects into major retailers is important as you should be an accomplished sales professional used to presenting and helping the business to sell turnkey solutions at all levels within an organisation, used to demonstrating value propositions on a return-on-investment basis, being able to spot and convert opportunities working closely with the local sales teams where required.
We require someone who can understand the challenges and opportunities within the DACH region for the short, medium, and long term, and who is self-motivated, maximising the pending projects possibilities and who can help major retailers realise the efficiencies and benefits of implementing our clients cost-efficient IT solutions and services.
The experience we ideally seek:
Experience in pre-sales ideally focused on technology solutions targeting the retail sector.
Ability to support major solution deals, also where required at ‘C’ level, explaining the technical aspects of our client’s product solutions.
A good understanding of retail customer applications, and business processes.
Comfortable technical knowledge of networks, servers, and business technology (disaster recovery, cloud offerings and others)
Experience with SQL and .Net. along with experience in creating presentations to multiple levels of management within an organisation.
Basic understanding of software API integration. Knowledge of TCP/IP networking technologies, protocols and design principles.
Natural ability to communicate complex information to non-technical individuals.
Significant experience in working on an international level, possessing tact and sensitivity when dealing with different business cultures.
A strong technology awareness complemented by knowledge of enterprise-wide solutions
Ability to collaboratively work with other team members to achieve desired goals and objectives both internal and external
The Person Profile
- Professional training/education in complex pre-sales/sales methodologies, pre-sales management and negotiations
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly self-motivated and results orientated.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Possess a tactful, consultative approach when dealing with customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across international zones and cultures, with the ability to influence to resolve problems and implement solutions.
- Skilled in delivering multiple deal support in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel throughout the European region and elsewhere as needed, and at short notice if required
- Ideally you will be fluent in German and English. Other additional languages a considerable asset
- Communicating our client’s product offering to customers, explaining the technical elements/aspects clearly and concisely.
- Manage pending customer transactions to ensure timeliness and optimal service levels are being attained.
- Carry out a full pre-sales function including RFI/RFP response, proof-of-concept preparation, application demonstrations, and presentation of our client’s solutions to prospective clients
- Create and deliver initial high-level technical presentations to customers, at all levels within their organization.
- Drive the initial evaluation and technical qualification of each customer opportunity.
- Help the sales team across EMEA to exploit the commercial opportunities in Tier 1 clients by discussing, capturing, and defining their requirements.
- Provide product and technical support to strategic and channel Partners (and their specific sales teams) across EMEA.
- Facilitate meetings and strategic planning sessions with clients.
- Establish close relationships with the key decision-makers to facilitate a successful sale.
- Organise or run training sessions on the solutions as required.
- Travel to client locations to set up lab and on-site pilot installations.
- Work with clients to troubleshoot any issues they may have.
- By liaising with the relevant internal teams, maintain technical competency by keeping abreast of new product enhancements and roadmaps, and the impact of these on customer requirements.
- Provide market feedback to management on product base and competitor information.
- Follow up of on-going customer engagements.
- Establish long term relationships with senior decision-makers in the major retailers, ensuring that our client’s solutions can meet their business needs.
- Articulate the businesses value proposition and maintain knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively position the organisation as the supplier of choice
- Develop creative strategies to increase the solution market share with existing direct customers
Salary & Benefits Package
Basic / Fixed Salary range: Attractive & NEGOTIABLE
Guide: 90,000 euros fixed (negotiate) + Benefits
Benefits Package: Car allowance, company pension contribution, private medical etc.
Interested and want to know more?
Please contact Simon Standley on his direct telephone number 0049 692 222 14041or via email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number SA 2812
Or Simply Apply Using the Apply now button on this website
GDPR: Data Protection and Privacy
Standley Associates Executive Search is committed to looking after your privacy and keeping your data safe, and as such we have updated our privacy notice to explain how we collect store and use your personal data.
We will not share your data with any third parties, and if you wish to exercise any of your rights to access, change or erase personal information please email us at email@example.com or by return