Our client is an internationally oriented, successful German manufacturing group and fabricator of premium grade pipes and fittings to the Oil and Gas (up and downstream), Nuclear, Water Treatment and Aerospace markets using cold forming technology.
By using corrosion-resistant materials, (stainless, duplex, super duplex and nickel-based alloys) this uniquely positions the company in the premium grade niche market segment.
The company has operating facilities on two sites in the Rhineland, two in the USA and a global sales force with more than 400 employees worldwide. It operates a highly successful global business model and is a technology leader in the world market.
Recently acquired by a world-leading producer of high-performance titanium and nickel-based alloy components for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, energy and general industrial markets the company is now looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic individual as
who will have General Management responsibility for the German operations with annual sales of 120 Mio. € and approx. 250 employees.
- The ideal candidate will have full P&L experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- He/She will be an operationally-focused leader, with a proven track record of success in delivering results through a data and metrics-driven approach.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a highly disciplined environment driven by operational excellence and meeting key objectives and metrics.
- The ideal candidate will bring exceptional leadership capabilities and the proven ability to mentor and build organisational capability. The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader who is accessible and engaging with the entire workforce. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will be a business-savvy leader with strong financial acumen.
- Required Skills and Experiences Include:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field preferred.
- Direct industrial experience in Forming, Heat Treating and/or melting operations.
- Extensive experience in successive leadership roles in a metalworking manufacturing environment including supervising salaried managerial and/or technical personnel.
- Demonstrated capability in lean manufacturing techniques and JIT concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured problem solving and related tools, ISO expectations, basic statistical methods, and other industry-standard skills including Kanban, TOC, SMED, error-proofing, etc.
- P&L responsibility in at least one prior position.
- Sound cross-functional knowledge and ability to operate with all functions/departments.
- Experience in accident reduction/elimination.
- Lead/Support Objectives, Targets and Goals.
- Experience of new product launches, behaviour based safety systems
- Passionate towards excellence and growth of the business and individuals within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, self-awareness, including accurate self-assessment and high self-confidence.
- Self-regulating with integrity, composure, flexibility and innovation.
- Strong empathy with emphasis on understanding others, developing others and a service orientation towards meeting or exceeding the needs of the customers, shareholders and employees.
- Leading by effectively communicating and influencing and working with a collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated cultural change agent.
Principal Accountabilities Include:
Short Term Objectives:
- Ensure daily tracking and adherence to budget, adjusting short term plans to accommodate revenue dynamics;
- Ensure specific profit improvement initiatives, both ongoing and new, including raw material, WIP and finished inventory reduction, changeover time reduction and scrap/rework elimination;
- Ensure lean manufacturing initiatives, continuous improvement and corrective action activities;
- Ensure plant-wide commitment to successful launches of new product lines;
- Lead implementation of schedule-based production manning model to proactively predict, address and support direct labour requirements;
- Drive robust data gathering, analysis and distribution tools to support all KPIs;
- Drive visual factory and “6S” tools and expectations, in keeping with road map timing;
- Develop and consistently apply Company rules and policies and ensure operations meet local laws;
- Drive successful functioning of Health, Safety and Environmental programs;
- Set and facilitate plant-wide communication expectations, including daily, weekly and monthly requirements.
Long Term Objectives:
- Lead plant-wide development to better understand and effectively employ industry-standard concepts;
- Maintain a plant-wide customer-focused, continuous improvement paradigm;
- Champion long-term, systematic continuous improvement of process capabilities and costs, while supporting zero defects, on-time delivery and cost competitiveness;
- Champion employee development through proactive training and job rotation;
- Lead development of critical talent across the facility to ensure a sustainable cohesive and highly functioning team.
Our client offers:
- A challenging and multifaceted activity in a modern, healthy and international company.
- An environment where individuals can make a huge difference and readily gain the rewards and recognition that this deserves.
- An excellent salary and fringe benefits commensurate with the importance of the position.
Interested and want to hear more?
Please call us directly for a confidential conversation by ringing the retained consultant Martin Hamilton on 0049-151-4611-6541 or mail him on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using the apply here section below.
Please Quote Reference Number SA 2752 in all correspondence.
Name: Standley Associates
Reference Number: SA 2752
Standley Associates is a recruitment consultancy acting on behalf clients to help appoint permanent and fixed term contract job opportunities.
GDPR: Data Protection and Privacy
Standley Associates Executive Search is committed to looking after your privacy and keeping your data safe, and as such we have updated our privacy notice to explain how we collect store and use your personal data.
We will not share your data with any third parties, and if you wish to exercise any of your rights to access, change or erase personal information please email us at email@example.com or by return.