Role: Business Development Manager – Europe – Investment Castings (Aerospace and General Industry)
Location: Germany (Home/Remote based)
Salary /Package: Fixed Salary (Circa) 90k Euros plus Bonus Company Car. Associated Benefits
Our well-established client, based in the UK with a substantial international footprint, has built a reputation based on quality and expertise for offering total, integrated manufacturing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, and related industries.
With its origins in investment casting, our client offers a wide range of manufacturing services including full project management capabilities from initial design advice, to the supply of fully machined, kitted, and assembled components.
Part of an International group that serves a spectrum of industries with technologically advanced products and services, our client has identified the need to further grow and develop business in Europe by appointing an exciting new role:
We, therefore, seek a:
Business Development Manager - Europe.
Home-based within Germany, this new role will report into the Group Business Development Manager, with the brief to develop a sales strategy to grow and drive new business opportunities throughout Europe.
This role is seen as a significant opportunity to develop the new business sales strategy within this growing business serving the aerospace, industrial and emerging sectors across Europe.
We seek someone who has a proven track record in new business industrial sales, ideally selling industrial components to aerospace or related markets, however other industrial sectors will be considered, within Germany and mainland Europe.
Most important is the ability to work as part of an international team whilst taking responsibility for all sales within this region and winning new sales opportunities whilst home-based remotely within Germany.
A degree qualified engineer, you will have experience of negotiating at all levels and demonstrate strong presentation skills with a high new business development emphasis.
A credible industrial sales specialist, you will be self-motivated and enjoy creating, building, and winning new business opportunities within a variety of engineering sectors, and have an eye for developing new product and service offerings within emerging technologies.
You should be comfortable selling a complex industrial service into a broad number of end-users, developing new market opportunities.
You will be able to travel as required across the region and have a good command of German and English.
- You will be responsible for and be the prime contact within mainland Europe for selling the company’s full range of manufacturing services into the aerospace, and industrial sectors.
- You will be responsible for developing the sales growth strategy within Europe focusing both on new business generation and customer satisfaction.
- You will source, identify, negotiate, and close New Business opportunities within a variety of key sectors, including the aerospace markets, general industry and others including industrial gas turbines, insulation, and other emerging technology areas.
- Using your experience to date, you will take responsibility for leading the new business sales effort in mainland Europe including Scandinavia, and Eastern Europe based remotely (ideally) within Germany.
- You will focus on business opportunities that include added value processes such as machining, sub-assembly, surface treatments etc.
- Work with customers’ procurement and engineering teams to help drive our clients' services to the markets.
- Compile and submit weekly activity reports to the Group Business Development Manager
Other Key responsibilities include:
- Find and progress potential new customers and opportunities in targeted industry sectors.
- Arrange new business meetings with prospective customers.
- Promote the company’s services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Create and keep records of customer meetings.
- Generate customer RFQs in-line with department strategies.
- Execute personal and departmental objectives.
- Contribute to ensure departmental KPIs are met.
- Identify and report on potential new revenue streams.
- Prepare and present monthly business development reports.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-award support.
- Build long-term relationships with new customers.
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions and conferences.
- Collaborate with Business Development team members to achieve better results.
The role will be home/remotely based in Germany covering mainland Europe territory reporting into the Group Business Development Manager based in the UK.
You will be fluent in German, with good verbal and written English.
Interested and want to know more?
Please contact Simon Standley for a confidential conversation on 00 49 692 222 14041 or via email him on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number SA 2810 or simply apply here using the apply now button here:
Standley Associates is a recruitment consultancy acting on behalf clients to help appoint permanent and fixed term contract job opportunities.
GDPR: Data Protection and Privacy
Standley Associates Executive Search is committed to looking after your privacy and keeping your data safe, and as such we have updated our privacy notice to explain how we collect store and use your personal data.
We will not share your data with any third parties, and if you wish to exercise any of your rights to access, change or erase personal information please email us at email@example.com or by return.