Our client is a manufacturer operating in the luxury bathroom and kitchen sector (Baths, Sinks and Fittings) with existing credence in the marketplace.
The company is part of a large diverse international group which has an impressive track record of success and market outperformance, built on industry-leading brands and innovative cabinetry, plumbing, door and security products.
To further expand the business within the German-speaking region the company is now looking for an experienced, dynamic and ambitious individual as
Area Sales Manager DACH based from a home location in Germany and reporting to the Sales Director.
Scope of role:
The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for making sure sales targets are met within the designated sales area, developing a close relationship with all major wholesaler accounts as well as smaller accounts to grow the business organically. New business generation, including targeting buying groups within the sector to negotiate and win central sales agreements and promote “private label” will be important aspects of the role, as will be working with, monitoring and steering a number of external independent Sales Agents working on behalf of the company in Germany.
- Successful sales experience selling high-quality top end products into plumbing (sanitary ware) wholesalers.
- Experience of working with Sales Agents and/or a sales team (internal or external) desirable.
- Experience of selling into plumbing (sanitary ware) buying groups desirable.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and acting, communicative and able to work in a team.
- Good negotiating skills at all levels.
- An ambitious self-starter, able to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willing to travel.
- German native and good English language skills.
- Connect to, advise and support existing company client base, especially plumbing (sanitary ware) wholesalers and architectural and planning offices, servicing their needs.
- Establish, maintain and expand the customer base through suitable channels.
- Maintain, monitor and increase sales of the company's products.
- Reach targets and goals set for the sales region by increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Steer the external Sales Agents in Germany, keeping them up to date with company budgeting, sales plans and current marketing activities.
- Identify and create a strong loyal relationship with all decision-makers, especially buying groups in Germany.
- Conduct sales presentations for clients showing the success and credibility of the business and its products.
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate external agencies where applicable.
- Be aware of all competitive activities within major accounts.
- Become an expert in understanding the company products, the market area, trends, opportunities and competitive activities.
- Complete management reports on time, being aware of applicable company KPIs and business plans.
- Good disciplined use of CRM and administration.
- Travel throughout the assigned region to call on regular and prospective customers
- Participate in Company Trade shows.
Our client offers:
- A varied and responsible task, which requires independent and self-responsible action.
- The opportunity to work within an expanding market with top-class products in a modern, healthy and international company.
- An environment where individuals can make a huge difference and readily gain the rewards and recognition that this deserves.
- An excellent salary and fringe benefits commensurate with the importance of the position.
Interested and want to hear more?
Please contact us for a confidential conversation quoting reference SA 2801 contacting the retained search consultant Martin Hamilton on 0049-151-4611-6541 or mail him on firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply using the apply now button on this advert. Please quote SA 2801 on all Applications
Standley Associates is a recruitment consultancy acting on behalf clients to help appoint permanent and fixed term contract job opportunities.
GDPR: Data Protection and Privacy
Standley Associates Executive Search is committed to looking after your privacy and keeping your data safe, and as such we have updated our privacy notice to explain how we collect store and use your personal data.
We will not share your data with any third parties, and if you wish to exercise any of your rights to access, change or erase personal information please email us at email@example.com or by return.